The MILUG mission is to develop the AFOL community on Vancouver Island as a friendly, inclusive, and collaborative association of diverse individuals who support each other and who are involved in the community.
- To provide a venue for friendship and collaboration among adult fans of LEGO® from diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to ethnicity, ability, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation).
- To provide an atmosphere of creativity and cooperation in the spirit of fair play.
- To create a positive and safe space where everyone feels welcome (we strive to be diverse and inclusive!).
- To promote and develop an inclusive adult LEGO® community, to support members from all skill levels, and to encourage aspiring new LEGO® enthusiasts.
- To organize and participate in public events to share our love of LEGO® with our community.
- To communicate and connect with other adult fans of LEGO® and The LEGO Group.
- To have fun!
The Mid Island LEGO® Users Group (MILUG) was established in April 2016 and is based out of Nanaimo, BC on Vancouver Island. We are a group of AFOLs (adult LEGO® fans) from many communities in the mid island area of Vancouver Island, with current members from Victoria to Port Alberni to Campbell River. Members have a variety of building interests and skill levels but we all share a love of LEGO®. Since 2018 MILUG has belonged to the LEGO® Ambassador Network, a recognition and support program run by The LEGO® Group. Monthly meetings allow members to share ideas, discuss LEGO® products, plan our involvement in community events, and share and build creations in a collaborative and supportive environment.
Becoming a Member
As an AFOL (Adult Fan of LEGO®) group, membership is open to anyone 19 years of age and over who has a personal interest in LEGO® as a hobby. MILUG members have access to the member’s only area of our forums and the MILUG Discord server, attend regular meetings, and participate in community events and displays. Non-members can only access the public side of the MILUG forum and Discord server.
To become a member please:
- Register on our website for access to the public forums (if you have difficulties please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Create a post in the Introductions section of the forums with your real name (so we know who you are) and tell us about your interest in becoming a member.
- Attend a MILUG meeting so we can all get to know each other “in person”. Our meetings are hybrid and you can attend in person or online. We hope to expand our in-person meetings around the island as we grow and have members willing to facilitate finding space in other communities.
- Pay the annual membership fee of $12 (just $1 per month).
Meetings are an opportunity to get together with other adults who love LEGO®. They provide a venue for discussing new ideas and techniques, upcoming sets, contests, and anything else related to LEGO®. They are also a great way for us to plan our involvement in community events. They are a place to show off your MOCs (my own creation) and even do some building – on your own, as a group, or as part of an internal competition or challenge!
We recognize and acknowledge that we are on the unceded, ancestral, and traditional territory of the Snuneymuxw First Nation and that our membership lives in communities throughout the territories of the Coast Salish, Nuu-chah-nulth, and Kwakwakaw’akw people.